for DocBook XSL: The Complete Guide
- In Chapter 1, Introduction, section "Online resources for finding solutions to problems" (page 4), the email address to subscribe to the docbook-apps mailing list is now
- In Chapter 1, Introduction, section "Online resources for finding solutions to problems" (page 4), the IRC channel has been changed. The new channel is
- In Chapter 3, Getting the tools working, section "Validation" (page 13), the second sentence of the third paragraph should read "For example, the libxml2 package that is required for
xsltproc includes a program called xmllint ...".
- In Chapter 3, Getting the tools working, sections titled "Installing Xalan" (page 22) and "Using Xalan" (page 24), the name of the Java extensions file for Xalan has been changed from
- In Chapter 9, Customization methods, section "Attribute sets" (page 104), the last example attribute-set describes
text-align as a new attribute. But it already appears in the stock attribute-set described earlier (it was added there in the stylesheet since the 3rd edition). So the last example needs a different attribute such as
color to serve as a "new" attribute.
- In Chapter 10, General customizations, section titled "Formal title customization" (page 138), the line in the example with
mode="label.markup" is missing its closing slash. It should be:
<xsl:apply-templates select="$object" mode="label.markup"/>
- In Chapter 11, Titlepage customization, section titled "Add to customization layer" (page 145), the second sentence in the first paragraph should say
xsl:import rather than
- In Chapter 13, Print customizations, section titled "Styling print TOC entries" (page 208), the content of the
<xsl:attribute name="font-weight"> should be wrapped in an
- In Chapter 13, Print customizations, section titled "Changing header or footer styles" (page 219), the Example 13.14 has a
</xsl:choose> where it should have a
</xsl:otherwise> near the end of the example.
- In Chapter 13, Print customizations, section titled "XEP last page extension" (page 224), the example in step 3 should say
rx:page-number-citation-last rather than
- In Chapter 23, Modular DocBook files, section titled "Using modified id values" (page 381), the third
<xsl:when> statement in the example should contain:
<xsl:value-of select="concat($object/@xml:id, $preceding.xid)"/>
- In Chapter 25, Other output forms, section titled "XHTML using xsltproc" (page 408), the third bullet item should read "The
html element includes an XHTML namespace declaration".
- In Chapter 27, Program listings, section titled "Syntax highlighting" (page 451), the example
xsl:template elements should have
- In Chapter 28, Q and A sets, section titled "Q and A formatting" (page 456), the question element in the example should be
<question><para>Left button</para></question> (add the para element).
- In Chapter 30, Tables, section titled "Row background color" (page 486) , the
<xsl:if> statement in the example is missing a closing double quote character. It should be:
<xsl:if test="ancestor::table/@tabstyle = 'striped'">